Online support for families in RCT
The Community Wellbeing and Resilience Service and the Family Information Service are excited to announce the launch of their new website for RCT Families. This website provides practical and accessible advice and guidance for parents, carers, children, young people and the professionals that support them.
The link is as below:
What can be found on RCTFamilies.co.uk?
Parents and carers
· Parenting tips
· Ideas for family activities inside and outside of the home
· Bookable parenting courses
· Information and signposting on services available to families, including financial help, finding childcare providers and much more
· Specific information about CWRS services
Children and Young People
· Advice and guidance for all children and young people aged up to 25
· Signposting to relevant services
· Ideas for things to do inside and outside the home.
There are also helpful news articles and a calendar of events for all audiences.
Pupil Development Grant
Funding may be available to buy school uniform, equipment, sports kit and kit for activities outside of school for your child.
Learners eligible for free school meals can apply for the grant of £125 per learner, and £200 for those learners entering year 7, recognising the increased costs associated with starting secondary school.
Eligible school years are:
- in reception, years 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
- in a special school, special needs resource base or pupil referral unit and are aged 4, 5, 7, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15
Funding for looked-after children is available in every school year.
Families are only entitled to claim once per child, per school year.
Funding for the 2021 to 2022 scheme will be open from 15 July 2021.
To make a claim via the RCT website please click here.
A document full of useful resources to support parents and carers to find ways of helping their child transition back into school had been added below…
For family relationship resources see our new page.
For important information from the Designed to Smile programme see here Designed to Smile June2020
Please click on the links to access the following external websites
RCT free school meals information (Click the logo below)
The form to fill in for Free School meals is here below…
Keeping children safe online
Childcare & support